The Quarry Amphitheatre
The Quarry Amphitheatre is a picturesque venue on the western fringe of Perth. The old limestone quarry has been converted into a tiered amphitheatre for concerts. It has found a new purpose as a unique wedding venue that features views back toward the city lights at night creating a magical backdrop for the wedding.
Weddings at the Quarry Amphitheatre
Over the many weddings we have assisted at the venue couples have used a variety of marquee and ceremony set-ups. It would be worth Googling images of weddings at the venue and having a picture of what you want when deciding the marquee set-up that you prefer. The grassed terraces are a popular feature for seating guests during the ceremony. The venue could be a challenge for elderly guests as the access stairs are quite steep.
The amphitheatre has many benefits:
- it has an isolated atmosphere despite its central location
- it has proven popular with couples using live music on the night
- it is popular as an ‘all at one location’ ceremony and reception, however, we have delivered couples to the venue following a church service elsewhere.
Some issues to research before choosing the location are:
- the catering and equipment supply route to the venue is via a very steep narrow access road means that the caterers will charge a premium to compensate for the difficult access. It is probably the most difficult catering venue in Perth
- the bridal entry is via the steep stairs and possibly a longer walk if you use longer stretched limos.
- the steep amphitheatre is not well suited for the very elderly of guests in a wheelchair
- guests get lost finding the location – we often arrive with the bride while a stream of guests are arriving late.
Wedding limo access
The stage area can be accessed via the top entry road and a rear service road. As noted before the rear service road is via a very steep approach to the stage which is not suitable for limousines. Wedding cars may be able to drive to the rear of stage but the area is usually required by the other wedding suppliers and caterers on the day who will need to have access to the stage area. It is best not to consider the rear entrance for the wedding party.
The main (top/front) entrance and car park can be accessed by any wedding car or stretch limousine, however, turning or reversing a stretch limo into the entrance road to the amphitheatre from the car park may be time consuming if the entry or car park is congested. Traditional wedding cars like our Rolls Royce or Jaguar Mk5s and smaller limousines are definitely an easier choice for the venue.